Thursday 23 May 2013






I have been trying to organise an open meeting in the school hall for the local politicians to attend as well as the Minister for Education, Training and Employment.

I have given them 3 dates to choose from all being Friday evenings as this seemed to be a good night for people.  As soon as I have a response I will get some meeting invitations out to everyone.

This Sunday at 9am there is a Biggest Morning Tea being held at the school.

I am planning to go and help raise some funds for the Cancer Council and encourage everyone to join in the fun if they can! More details can be found on this link.

I am going to put up a table out the front of the school and have copies of the petition there for people to sign if they are interested. I am very conscious of not having people feel they are being harassed on entry, I just want to let people know that it is there if they are interested in supporting us.  Can you help? I will set up at 8.30am, the event starts at 9am and goes to 12pm.

Please let me know if you are able to help.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerryn,

    I'm in the Greenslopes electorate. I'm a friend of a parent from Whites Hill State College, Steve Peek.

    My son was once part of the Xavier Special School annex, before it was sold off.

    I am building a webpage of all the media reports for all school closures/mergers and land sales at my website http://greenshack.info/index.php/newmania/qld-school-closures-and-sell-off.html

    I hope this will help all the P&Cs across the state in seeing what the other groups are up to.

    I am on twitter. You can view me at https://twitter.com/Qldaah You don't need an account to view but if you want to interact you'd have to sign up.

    The reason I use twitter is because all the journalists and politicians use it and I can obtain information very quickly.

    Regards
    David Marler

    ReplyDelete